In order for the traditions of the past to benefit the program of the future, the Department of Athletics has established a Greenville University Athletic Hall of Fame. The focal point is a permanent gallery in the lobby of H.J. Long Gymnasium. In addition, each Hall of Fame honoree is presented with a special plaque.
The Athletic Hall of Fame selection committee met in April 2017 to decide upon its 2018 inductees. The 2018 banquet will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 21, in the Armington Center on the campus of Greenville University.
The 2018 honorees include -
- Dennis Spencer '75 - Meritorious Service (Sports Administration)
- John Curry '80 - Athlete (Men's Track & Field)
- Ritchie Ware '91 - Athlete (Baseball)
- Sonya Jones '96 - Athlete (Softball)
- Christina (Niehaus '08) Blevins - Athlete (Women's Track & Field)
- 1970 Men's Cross Country Team
- 1971-72 Women's Basketball Team
The 2018 recipient of the Order of the Orange and Black Award is Timothy Daniel '16 (Men's Basketball).